Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Girl's Day Out!



Yay for Girl's Day Out! Today we snuck away from the hectic life that keeps us all busy and had a first ever (I think) Girl's Day Out. Nothing fancy, but lots of fun. My sister Heather,who is in town visiting from Washington, her daughter Kati, who is on break from BYU-I, my sister Megan, Mom and I went out to lunch at Chili's (thanks for treating Mom) and then went to see Indiana Jones at the dollar theater. The only ones missing were Amber (who had to work :(, and of course Melanie (since she lives in Georgia it would've been really hard for her to come. Maybe next time though :). Heather gave us all cute key fobs (I think that is what it is called) to remember the occasion. Mine is cute pink flip-flops with a yellow flower...perfect!


Megan (next to me), Me, Kati (across), Heather, Mom


So, I was really excited to see the Indiana Jones movie since I hadn't seen it yet. I'm a huge fan of Harrison Ford's and think he is still super sexy even as he gets older. I think it must be that ruggedness and the quirky things like the crooked nose that makes him so appealing. I love that he is doing an action film in his later years. I'm just realizing that he's really not that old, but I do have to say he looks pretty good in that white t-shirt and jeans. Ummm...K moving on....Anyway, the movie was fun, but so unrealistic I couldn't even try to believe it, but hey it was Indiana Jones. I did, however,  start to lose interest when it started into the sci-fi bit at the end. Atleast I got to watch cute Indie :) and it was only $0.50 that I didn't even have to pay (thanks Heather!).
It was super fun to see Heather again. We've all missed her and loved having her around so much while she was here helping Mom and Dad. I love spending time with Kati and is sad she is leaving for school on Friday :( but excited for her to start school again. Love spending time with Mom now that she is retired and has more time to hang out. We cherish you Mom and are so glad you are getting so much better! So glad Meg was able to come since she is always so busy working and raising 5 cute kiddos. Love you girls! Let's do this again...soon!


2 comments:

Enjoying the Journey said...

Thanks for the invitation to your blog! I love it! Looks like you had fun with your family. It is funny that everyone has sweaters on on Sept 2nd! Crazy weather!

Laura said...

Hey there! It's me Laura(Tyler's wife) I'm so glad you joined the blogging world:) I'm so jealous of your girls day out, how FUN! Owen is adorable, I just think of a little fish when I see him.

I love your list of sexy older men! I have always thought Sean Connery is majorly good looking!