Sunday, August 31, 2008

Fall Football

My favorite entertainment during the game was watching Liam. Here he is blowing a pom pom strand.

Yesterday Fall officially began in the Seolas household. What marks this changing of seasons? Is it the transformation of color on the trees or a crispness to the air? Is it the kids back in school or pulling out sweaters and long pants? No. In the Seolas household it is the advent of College Football that kicks off this lovely time of year. 
Yesterday College Football began... And I've lost my husband to hours and hours of watching and analyzing and stressing and pondering and predicting and hoping and wishing and LOVING College Football. 
The fun part of Football season is going to the BYU home games. Do I go for the love of the sport or the riveting games? Do I go to support my alma mater or the need to be with 60,000 testosterone fueled fans?  No. I go to spend time with my family and watch other people watching football. My favorite games are the ones that are exciting because they are neck and neck to the last second. 
Yesterday's home game was BYU vs Northern Iowa where BYU was victorious 41 to 17. We had a great time with Gavin, Liam, my niece Katie and my dad LeRoy, Rob and I. Before the game 
we got to go in the "Mystery White Tent" located east of the stadium. The "Mystery White Tent" is filled with yummy food and a festive spirit decked out with balloons and BYU decor. Liam and Gavin opted to skip the healthy food and instead headed straight for the chocolate fondue fountain. Liam was covered ear to ear and finger to elbow in chocolate and smiling ear to ear. 

                 

Liam eating chocolate covered marshmallow



Gavin and Katie



Gavin in the "mystery white tent"



Liam eating popcorn with one hand and a foot long Cougar tail donut in the other




So is College Football season all that bad? No, but I do think it would be fun if they handed out bubbles to all the fans and on the first touchdown everyone blew bubbles and the whole stadium was filled with shiny irridescent bubbles. How fun would that be? 




No comments: