Monday, August 11, 2008

Santa Cruz







Rob and I just got back from a way fun trip to Santa Cruz. We went down for his "step-sister's" wedding. Had an awesome time. We golfed the Pasatiempo golf course which was beautiful, and very challenging. I scored my all-time best score on 18 holes (woo-hoo!) I even out-drove Rob a few times if you can believe it :0)

Friday we drove to Carmel...wow what an awesome place. It had a whole Disneyesk feeling like someone had come in and made everything perfect. Flowers everywhere, quaint little shops, picturesque homes...wow! The only drawback was it was COLD! (ok, I do realize that i have a warped sense of what's cold, but 56 degrees at 3:30 pm in August is COLD in my book.) We had a lovely day wandering through art galleries, really expensive stores and more ecclectic shops. Rob really wanted to buy a WW11 bomber jacket, but it made him look like his head had been shrunk in comparison to his body. So he settled on Tommy Bahama shorts instead. Much more appropriate :) We walked down to the beach and even though it was foggy with the marine layer it was really nice. We found ourselves gazing at PebbleBeach and decided that next time we come we'll play there.
Saturday we had a spa morning...so nice. We both had massages and then Rob got a facial and I had a body scrub/wrap...so heavenly. Then we had lunch by the jacuzzi in the Serenity Garden and enjoyed the beautiful weather. (Not so cold that day) :) Then we headed off to Jessica's wedding. It was really nice at the Arboretum. I guess that means garden? Anyway it was set in a picturesque setting among natural plants and flowers native to the area. I was very grateful not to have to wear a suit and tie like the guys though because it was toasty! The reception was at a quaint little restaurant called Michaels in Santa Cruz with lots of good food, friends and fun. 

1 comment:

Matt and Amber said...

Mmmm.... That sounds so delightful! It makes me realize that we need to go on a vacation. PS... I'm glad you started a blog! They're addicting, you just wait!