Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Skinny dipping

One recent evening we were out night swimming enjoying the unseasonably warm weather. The kids were in the pool and Rob and I were watching them from the hot tub. Alex, all of a sudden, asks us if he could skinny dip. Well we were quite taken aback from his request as he is the most modest and shy of all of our kids. We decided that since it was just our family, and it was dark, it would probably be ok. We also didn't think he would actually do it....Well, he did.
 Alex stood proudly on the waterfall overlooking the pool and said, "Get ready to see art!" as he threw his arms up and dove in. That's all it took. The other kids were shedding their suits for their birthday suits and having a hey-day diving off the diving board into the pool yelling "I feel free!" I just shook my head and hoped that we didn't make a huge mistake as Liam ran around the backyard naked with Gavin's swimsuit. (No pictures have been included for obvious reasons). Thankfully we haven't had any complaints from the neighbors....yet. We did take several minutes outlining the strict and exact circumstances that skinny dipping is allowed. Thanks goodness for security cameras to enforce those rules :)

3 comments:

Traci said...

Yes!!! My kind of family!

Laura said...

I love reading your blog! You made me laugh so HARD! I think you and Rob are the coolest parents I know.

Enjoying the Journey said...

I love the "get ready for Art" comment! So cute! What exactly are the rules for skinny dipping? I think my husband needs a copy of them!