Monday, June 1, 2009

LOVE SUMMER!!!

What's a better way to spend a Sunday evening than up the canyon enjoying the beautiful weather in a beautiful surrounding with family and LOTS of sugar? Yesterday we went up AF canyon with my brother Matt, his wife Amber, and their cute baby Cash to roast shmarshmallows, throw rocks in the raging river, and just hang out and enjoy Mother Nature's gift to us. We had an amazing evening and were reminded how blessed we are to live in such a beautiful place. Thanks Matt and Amber for inviting us to go with you!


Who know's how many smores Gavin had? We lost track after 5!



Owen enjoyed playing in Matt and Amber's camper


We found out that roasted Zinger's were pretty good

E. L. Fudge cookies are the ONly way to make smores

Liv contemplating if she has any room left to eat that roasted zinger on the end of the stick

Matt, Amber and Cash
 (no that's not a mole on Matt's chin, just a little roasted marshmallow he is saving for later!)

Me and my honey!

Liam definitely got the award for best roaster...

He eats with such poise and grace!

Such a cute couple!

He is definitely NOT related to this baby, but they are both cute!

How about a little game of slap jack?

What handsome guys!


Do these children even look a little bit like me?


WOW!!!
It is so fun to "hang out" with my kids as they get older. They are so funny and kept us laughing with their antics and observations. Alex and I played a game called "get to know you better" which consisted of asking each other questions about themselves. I loved it! I've honestly have been dreading the "teen-age years" but find that so far my kids are just as delightful at 12 as they are at 3! What a lucky lady I am! ;)

3 comments:

Caroline said...

I just can't believe how grown-up they all are. I miss you guys!

Lisa R.D. said...

What a fun night! I love the idea of using the cookies for Smores... the chocolate is thin enough that it would actually melt! I can't wait to try it out...

Yoga Girl said...

great story mom!i hope we can do it again.Love your great and wonderful daughter:olivia.