Friday, March 13, 2009

 Happy Birthday DAD!!!
Today is my Dad's 60 something birthday....I think it's 67? Anyway, I thought I would dedicate this blog to him on his birthday. In thinking about my dad I came up with several things that I love about him. My dad is a family person. Family is always number one to him. He will drop anything to help out one of his kids or grandkids. His family has also extended to include several close neighbors and friends. He loves to be surrounded by family.

My dad is hardworking....holy cow, does that man know how to work. He taught me from a young age the value of working hard. Every summer when I was young he would leave a list of chores for us to do. Sometimes I think he just made up chores to keep us busy, like unstacking and restacking the wood pile, or picking up rocks in the backyard. My memories of when I was young is working with my dad on Saturdays in the yard. It was hard work, but I relished spending time with him. And he taught me how to be a good worker.

My dad is a bad-A! but in a very good way. He is tough and prickly on the outside but tender and soft-hearted on the inside. He often gets choked up talking about things that are important to him such as Freedom, Religion, and Family. 
One of my favorite things about my dad is his hands. His hands are big and rough and show that he is always hard at work serving others. He is honest, trustworthy and full of integrity.

When I was growing up I didn't get into much trouble...mostly because I knew that if I did, my Dad would always find out. The worst thing that could've happened is to have my Dad be angry with me or disappointed in me.


My dad is very patriotic. He cherishes our freedoms and respects and honors our country, the men who preserve our freedoms, and finds a connection to these things with our God. He has served many years instilling these values and principles in the youth through the scouting program.


I love that over the years my dad has continually worked to improve himself. He is constantly working on becoming a better person, serving others, and playing with his grandkids. He is always working on becoming more patient and loving. 
I love that he is passionate about his beliefs and can express those passions to others. 
I love that he can do anything. When anything goes wrong in our home my dad is the guy we call to fix it. Since he has been retired I love that we get to spend more time with him. 


I love you Dad and cherish each day we get to have you in our lives. I am so grateful that you have angels that watch over you and protect you. I am thankful for the many lessons you have taught me. I value your opinion and your respect. Thank you for teaching me and helping to shape me into who I am today. Thank you for your many sacrifices over the years. I honor you and love you!
Hope you have a great Birthday!

4 comments:

Lisa R.D. said...

What a great tribute--getting to know your dad a little better helps me understand why YOU are they way you are (all in good ways!).

Nate and Charlene said...

Tell your dad HaPpY BiRtHdAy for me! I just LOVE him(and Sharon!) I know I have only known him for a couple of years but he's so kind and caring, he seems like family!

Traci said...

What a great tribute....you have one lucky Dad!

Enjoying the Journey said...

Dad's are the best! Nice truibute, Val!